Wednesday, July 13, 2016.
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day: Behold how good and pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity: As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountain of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore – Psalms 133 : 1, 3
LISTEN: Do you have a home? If your answer is in the negative, I’m sure you’re not sincere with yourself because, you certainly came from a home. Home is the social unit formed by a family living together. It is one’s place of residence and one’s place of origin: certainly everyone have a home. So, what is the present state of your home? Is there peace in your home, or your home is a stranger to peace? Do you live at peace with one another in your home? Do you enjoy conflict rather than peace in your home? Is every member of the family united to one another or separated from one another? Whatever the condition is in your home, we have a biblical pattern that can bring unity in your home if rightly applied.
Our bible text today says, “How good and pleasant it is for brethren (brothers and sisters) to live together in unity” (v.1). Do you really know how good it is? The bible declared,there(the united home) the blessings of God is released. Like the dew that gives life to sun-scourged plants, so is unity to bring prosperity. Beloved, there are things unity can do in your home:
1. It will attract the blessings of God. Our verse of the today added, “…there the Lord commands His blessing”. Do you want God’s blessings in your life and family? Give unity a chance and reap from its abundant wealth.
2. It will make for sharing of efforts, and multiplying of effect. What that means is, when you labour together purposefully for a cause, the outcome will be enormous. It will be better than you labouring all alone.
Having read today’s devotional message, what are you expected to do?
1. Always give peace and unity a chance in your home.
2. Don’t offer yourself as agent of conflict but peace.
3. Strive to reconcile every conflict that may arise, or is already on in your family.
Always remember that one of your contributions as a member of your family is unity; therefore work relentlessly for the unity and peace of your family.
Daily Reflection :A blessed home is a reflection of the family relational life towards God and one another.
Heavenly Father, I thank you for my home, help me to make my home your delight and to do things that will attract your blessings in my home, in Jesus’ name, amen.
Prophetic Word : Today, I prophesy upon your life, every satanic conflict, trouble or problem experienced in your home, I decree, their operations end today, in Jesus ‘ name.