Friday, July 15, 2016
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come so that they may have life, and may have it abundantly – John 10 : 10
LISTEN : Two personalities are always demanding for supremacy in our lives, Satan the thief and Jesus Christ the Saviour. Each of them come into our lives with his intentions and motives. Sadly, the intentions and motives of Satan the devil towards us is contrary to that of Jesus Christ who came to save those oppressed by the devil. Our verse of the day stated clearly what Satan the devil comes to do in our lives.
The following are what he comes to do:
1. He comes to steal. That is, he comes to take what belongs to you – your life, peace, children, loved ones, marriage, etc, if he is allowed the space.
2. He comes to kill. That is, he comes to put an end to your life, your joy, your love, your holiness, your dedication to God, your authority, peace, etc.
3. He comes to destroy. That is, his intention is to defeat you completely and easily. He wants to end your existence, he wants to crush you. Those are his intentions towards you.
However, he (Satan) can’t achieve all that without first introducing you to sin. He knows that if you can gladly accept the life of sin, then your destruction is inevitable ( Romans 6 : 23 ). He did it to Adam and Eve and succeeded in ruining the entire human race ( Genesis 3 ). Thankfully, Jesus Christ the Saviour came with a different mission. The verse of the day said, “…I have come so that they may have life, and may have it abundantly. Beloved, Jesus Christ’ purpose for you is to recover all that you’ve lost to the devil. He wants you to be permitted again into the paradise that was lost by Adam and Eve. He wants you to have your life back and to enter into God’s kind of life when your life here expires. Think about that.
Having read today’s devotional message, what are you expected to do?
1. Accept Jesus Christ today as your Lord and saviour without delay.
2. Confess your sins and misdeeds to him.
3. Identify with the body of Christ, the church.
4. Devote Your time, talents and treasures to God’s service.
Acknowledge that Jesus Christ came to deliver you from Satan’s grip, therefore don’t ignore him.
Daily Reflection : Those who reject Jesus Christ today as a compassionate Saviour, will certainly meet him tomorrow as a merciless Judge.
LORD God, I accept your Son Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour, therefore, grant me to escape eternal judgement but receive your mercy in Jesus ‘ name, amen.
Prophetic Word : Today, I decree over your life, everything you may have lost to the devil is released and recovered in Jesus ‘ name.