Sunday, December 18, 2016.
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : For I consider that our present sufferings cannot even be compared to the glory that will be revealed to us. – Romans 8 : 18 (NET).
LISTEN : Nobody enjoys suffering, but everyone suffers in one way or the other. Most times, people feel pain resulting from injuries, illnesses, losses, etc. On a daily basis a lot of people deal with all manners of pain – physical, mental, or emotional pain. These experiences result in frustration, confusion, or suicide. However, for those whose hope is in God, suffering is only a pointer to the Saviour and the future glory. True believers in Christ do not take suffering the way unbelievers take it. It is the nature of the godless to complain and murmur in the face of afflictions, but the godly rejoice over it in hope of a glorious future. Rather than complain and groan over sufferings and afflictions of life, let us put our hope in God and rejoice over them in hope of eternal life; because very soon we shall be reveal in glory with Christ Jesus. (1 John 3 : 1 , 2). Thankfully, if we suffer with Jesus Christ we shall eventually rejoice with Him. (1 Peter 4 : 13).
Five Things You Must Know About The Sufferings Of This Life:
1. Sufferings of this life are momentary : It will not last forever. God will certainly come to your rescue.
2. Suffering remind us of our inabilities: Most times we cannot help ourselves, suffering remind us of our need for God.
3. Sufferings of this life fortify us for future challenges: What you suffer now blesses you with experience for future occurrence. What you suffer now can trigger your breakthrough tomorrow. So do not resent suffering.
4. Suffering matures us: You become stronger and qualify by what you suffer. He who is not ready to face challenges is not ready for life.
5. Suffering brings out the best in us: We tend to perform better under pressure. When you suffer you will certainly look for way to ease your pain by putting your energy to work. It is at such time that you discover some hidden strength and potentials in you.
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Do not allow the troubles of this life to shift your focus from God.
2. Invest your life unreservedly to Kingdom purpose, projects and programmes.
3. Never spend your time on earth living for self, rather spend it serving God and preparing for eternity.
4. Do not resent suffering, instead allow it to shape and bend you towards God.
Daily Task : Learn to handle your challenging times with faith in God. Always allow the hope of eternal life to fuel your present commitment to God.
Daily Reflection : You will appreciate the sufferings of this life if you acknowledge the fact that the weight of future glory outweighs present suffering.
Prayer : Father of all mercies, I thank you for your mercy in my life today; give me the grace to overcome my sufferings to the glory of your name, in Jesus’ name, amen.
Daily Prophetic Declaration : Today, I prophesy over your life, every situation in your life shall receive divine attention and intervention. Your sufferings shall not be your downfall but your promotion, in Jesus’ name.