Thursday, June 20, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : So then, dear brothers and sisters, be firm. Do not be moved! Always be outstanding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:58 NET
LISTEN : A faithful service to God will attract a faithful reward from Him (2 Corinthians 5:10; Revelations 22:12). Surely, he who renders outstanding service to God will receive outstanding reward from Him. To be outstanding is to be prominent or noticeable; standing out from others. God desires and deserves outstanding service, and does rewards same. He does not neglect even the tiniest faithful work done in His name. After teaching about the significance of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ to our faith, and revealing to the Corinthians the hope of resurrection and eternal life to believers in Christ; Apostle Paul tells them of Jesus’s final victory over death and Satan and the need to hold onto their faith from start to finish. He further urged them to be serious and faithful in their service to God. Paul’s message to the Corinthians is the same message to us today. No one can truly serve God without faithfulness, and no one can serve Him faithfully if his or her heart is not made up. My dear, a faithful service is a service from the heart, and he who serves from the heart knows that, he will not lose his reward. In today’s message, Apostle Paul wants us to do the following :
* Solidify Our Faith – we are to make secure our faith. Because, until you are firmly fixed in what you believe on, you can quit your faith because of problems, trials, etc.
* Stabilise Our Heart In God – you can’t serve God with doubt and unbelief; because, the double-minded person is unstable in all his ways (James 1:8). Our hearts should be anchored on God alone, else, we can’t walk with Him.
* Serve Faithfully – to be pleasing to God you should be steadfast in affection or allegiance to Him. You should be loyal to Him. Our loyalty to God must not be in doubt. Always remembering that, no service passes the test of loyalty unless it is done faithfully.
* Serve In Hope – God didn’t just called us to serve Him, He equally called us so that, He could bless us. Therefore, we should serve and know that, our service is not in vain. If we can serve Him faithfully even when it is painful; He will reward us gainfully even when it seems impossible.
Beloved, be outstanding in the work of the Lord and don’t settle for anything less. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Determine to be outstanding in the work of the Lord no matter what.
2. Serve God faithfully even when it appears painful, because it will be gainful in the end.
3. Don’t lose hope in your service to God, rather, serve and know that, God is a faithful rewarder.
4. Fix your heart and eyes on God and be strong in faith.
Prayer : Everlasting Father, you deserve faithful service from me. Therefore, I will be outstanding in my service to you, amen!
Reflection : A faithful service to God will attract a faithful reward from Him.
Quote : “He who serves God faithfully even when it is painful, will be gainfully rewarded even when it seems impossible.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus’s mighty name. I confess that, I will be outstanding in my service to God, amen!
Biblical Fact : Did you know Jacob married two sisters, Leah and Rachel? (Genesis 29:15-28).
Today In History : June 20, 1567 Jews are expelled from Brazil by order of regent Don Henrique.
Stunning Fact : Did you know when you gain or lose weight, your fat cells don’t disappear – they just change their size?
A Word Of Blessing : You will make a difference. Today, I speak to your life, may you be outstanding in the work of the Lord. May the Lord bless you, in Jesus’ name, amen!
TOPIC : THE WORD OF CHRIST TO YOU
Thursday, June 20, 2019
Bible Verse : So Jesus told those Jews who had believed in him, “If you continue in my word, you are really my disciples.” John 8:31
LISTEN : No one has the right to serve or worship God anyhow he or she wants. God makes the rules. Therefore, we can’t serve Him on our own terms but on His. Those who truly believe in Christ must continue to obey Him no matter what. No doubt, anyone can claim to follow Jesus Christ, but not all are truly serving His purpose. Anyone can sing His praise, but not everyone can stick with Him at all times. Anyone can hear His words, but not everyone can obey Him. But His true disciples will truly follow His will. A disciple is one who accepts and assists in spreading the doctrines of another: one who follows the way of another. True disciples of Jesus Christ are known for their consistency in following Him and obeying His words. When God’s word is rejected or taken lightly, our claim to a relationship with Him is fake. No one is a true disciple of Christ who does not continue in His word – the word of life. My dear, there is no ‘part -time followership’ in the Lord’s service. Total commitment is the standard for a relationship with God. It is either you are with Him, or with the devil; or for Him, or for the devil. So, be serious in your service to God. Be wise!
Prayer : Dear Lord, help me to hear and obey your words always, in Jesus’ name, amen!