Saturday, June 22, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : The LORD is near the brokenhearted; he delivers those who are discouraged. Psalms 34:18 (NET).
LISTEN : Disappointment often brings discouragement. What is disappointment? It is the feeling of dissatisfaction that follows the failure of expectations or hopes to manifest. Anyone who has received series of disappointment often end up discouraged. My dear, you are not the only one in this. We all experience disappointment at one point or the other, and feel discouraged as well. A person who is discouraged thinks there is nothing good to hope for. Beloved, do you think there is nothing good to hope for? I don’t think so! Disappointment is just an event in your life and discouragement is just a feeling; it will come and go. Yes, you can overcome them and still achieve your goals. Friend, it is possible to achieve your goals no matter the number of times you have experience disappointment or heartbreak. Just learn to see beyond your situations. So, let us take some lessons from our verse of the day that will help you overcome disappointment:
* Realise That God Sees Your Pain – when you are hurt and heartbroken, it is hard to believe that, God cares about you. When your misery seems endless it is equally hard to believe that, God sees your pain. But the truth is that, He sees your pain and will surely answer you in due time (Exodus 2:23-25).
* Believe That God Is With You – to see the hand of God in your life, you must believe that, God is with you. If you can’t feel His presence around you, you can’t experience His help in your problems. Faith in the presence of God around you is key to experiencing divine intervention (Psalms 23:4). If you can’t believe that God is with you, it will be hard to see Him in your life.
* Trust That God Will Deliver You – faith in the power of God turns disappointment to appointment. It keeps the heart hopeful even in a hopeless situation. Beloved, in every situation you should believe that God will deliver you. Our verse of the day says, “The LORD is near the brokenhearted; he delivers those who are discouraged.” (Psalms 34:18).
Beloved, if you are facing disappointment or discouragement right now, you are already a candidate for divine intervention. So, realise that God sees your pain; believe that He is with you, and trust that He will deliver you from your troubles. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. No matter the pressure in your life, always realise that God sees your pain and will not abandon you.
2. Learn to practise the presence of God and you will not feel hopeless even in a hopeless situation.
3. Fight disappointment and discouragement by building your faith in God.
4. Believe that, you can overcome disappointment and discouragement and still achieve your goals in life.
Prayer : Heavenly Father, I know we encounter disappointments at some point in our lives, and as a result, struggles with discouragement. Therefore, help me to put my trust in you and overcome every disappointment, amen!
Reflection : Disappointment is just an event in your life, and discouragement is just a feeling; so, don’t be stopped by them.
Quote : “Faith in the power of God turns disappointment to appointment; keeps the heart hopeful even in a hopeless situation; and terminates endless miseries miraculously.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus’s name, I confess that I will not stay discouraged because of disappointment. I am strong and hopeful by faith in Christ Jesus, amen!
Biblical Fact : Did you know the woman with the issue of blood suffered for 12 years before she got her healing? (Luke 8:43-44).
Today In History : June 22, 1772 Slavery is outlawed in England.
Stunning Fact : Did you know crocodiles are colour blind?
A Word Of Blessing : It is well with you. Today, I prophesy to you, receive appointments for your disappointments; and courage for your discouragement, and hope for your hopelessness, and favours for your misfortunes, in Jesus’ name, amen!
TOPIC : SERVE WITH ALL YOUR HEART
Saturday, June 22, 2019
Bible Verse : Whatever you are doing, work at it with enthusiasm, as to the Lord and not for people. Colossians 3:23 (NET).
LISTEN : We Prosper when we serve and give with all our hearts. My dear, when you serve or give, do not do it with eye-service – just trying to gain men’ approval, instead, do it from your heart as unto the Lord. The Bible says that, what you do should be done heartily (Colosians 3:23 KJV). That is, it should be done with all your heart. Whatever you do without involving your heart, you are not doing it for God. When you serve, you must serve with your heart. When you give, you must give with your heart, too. In 2 Chronicles 31:21, Hezekiah gave his resources and services to the house of God with all his heart; and God made him to prosper. In the same way, when you serve God with all your heart He will make you to prosper. Beloved, nothing can stop God’s plan for your life if you are obedient to Him and serve Him with all your heart. Be wise!
Prayer : Precious Father, help me to serve you with all my heart, amen!