Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD. Psalms 122:1
LISTEN : Life is boring without happiness. As a matter of fact, happiness is the oxygen of life. It keeps you going. People groan and suffocate in an atmosphere of sadness and pain. Surely, we feel fulfilled when we get joy in return for our labour or investments. Imagine a life without happiness, will that not be miserable? In the same way, you will not be happy as a Christian if you are not comfortable with the church, the body of Christ. If going to church doesn’t make you happy, you have no business with Jesus Christ. What is church? Church is a Christian house of worship; a building where religious services take place; and the body of Christ (Christians) local or general. Christians around the world is the church of God. When the church (Christians) gather together for worship in the church (house of worship), the presence of God is released. The presence of God is the joy of those who love Him. They enjoy spending time in His presence. They understand that, life spent outside of God is life spent in futility. This is what David meant when he said, “I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.” (Psalms 122:1). David hungered for the house of God in the days when trouble forcibly sent him away from the land. My dear, one way to spend our time is to fellowship with other children of God in the house of God. The house of God is the place of solution, consolation, joy, freedom, life, and the like. My dear, to enjoy your relationship with God, apply the lessons below from our Bible text today:
* Be Excited By The Invitation To Worship God – develop hunger and passion for the presence of God. Always desire and cherish the presence of God like oxygen; and be happy with Christian fellowships (Psalms 42:1).
* Be Part Of Christian Fellowship – no matter what, don’t stay away from Christian fellowship. Instead, be committed to it and encourage others to do same (see Hebrews 10:25).
* Value The Presence Of God – don’t be comfortable living without God’s presence. Absence of God’s presence makes you vulnerable. Moses refused to lead the Israelites any further, because he understands the value of God’s presence (Exodus 33:15). He insisted that, the presence of God goes with them.
Beloved, will you go without the presence of God? Please retrace your steps today. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Always hunger for the presence of God in season and out of season.
2. Don’t avoid or stay away from Christian fellowship, instead, be committed to it.
3. Serve God with fear and gladness; and be happy that you are a Christian.
4. Don’t allow trouble to quench your thirst for righteousness, instead, let it grow more and more.
Prayer : Everlasting Father, I need your presence today more than ever. Help me to hunger and thirst after you more and more, amen!
Reflection : Life is boring without happiness, for happiness is the oxygen of life.
Quote : “Life spent outside of God is a life spent in futility. And if going to church doesn’t make you happy, you have no business with Jesus Christ.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus name, I confess that, I will hunger and thirst after God for the rest of my life, amen!
Biblical Fact : Did you know King Jehoshaphat of Judah is the son of Asa, King of Judah? (1Kings 15:24).
Today In History : June 25, 1920 The Greeks take 8,000 Turkish prisoners in Smyrna.
Stunning Fact : Did you know a flea can jump 350 times its body length?
A Word Of Blessing : You will make a difference. Today, I speak to your life, may the desire to please God fill your heart; and may the Spirit of God bless you with joy, in Jesus’ name, amen!
TOPIC : LET US WALK IN LOVE
Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Bible Verse : Everything you do should be done in love. 1 Corinthians 16:14
LISTEN : To walk in love is to live love-driven life. It is to love like God. The world takes love to mean how someone makes them feel or how they feel about someone else, but God says love is about how you behave and treat others. We should know what genuine love is all about. Where genuine love is, unity among believers in Christ and others will thrive. Besides, it will keep friendships, marriages, workplaces, relationships, communities and families together. Where love is genuinely demonstrated, the loving nature of Christ is reproduced. Beloved, we are to love like God for God is love (1 John 4:7). Love is not a feeling, is not an emotion, nor an attraction; is not having an affair with the opposite sex, is not liking someone, but moral character and demonstrating the true nature of God through one’s life. Beloved, learn to love others unconditionally because God is love. Be wise!
Prayer : Most High God, you are loving and caring. Therefore, help me to walk in love always, in Jesus’ name, amen!