Wednesday, June 26, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : He wholeheartedly and successfully reinstituted service in God’s temple and obedience to the law, in order to follow his God. 2 Chronicles 31:21
LISTEN : Growing in zeal for God is key to achieving great things for His kingdom. No one has ever done anything worthwhile for God if his or her heart is not consumed by zeal for Him. Zeal is the driver of loyalty. Where there is no zeal, people hardly sustain their support for a person, cause, or ideal. My dear, until you are determined to achieve great things for God, God can’t do anything serious with you. What is zeal? The dictionary defines zeal as the fervor or tireless devotion for a person, cause, or ideal and determination in its furtherance. As a matter of fact, zeal is diligent enthusiasm and powerful interest. A zealous man can do anything for what he is zealous about, or who he is zealous for (Acts 20:18-24). My dear, zeal is vital to your relationship with God. Without zeal for God you can hardly sustain your faith in Him, let alone perform your Christian obligations. You can achieve a whole lot for the kingdom of God if you combine your knowledge with zeal for God. So, determine to grow in zeal for God. Let us look at few things in Hezekiah’s zeal for God in today’s devotional:
* His Unreserved Commitment – In our verse of the day, Hezekiah served God with unreserved commitment. He didn’t keep anything back in his service to God. He was zealous for the house of God. Though, he became king at the time the worship of God was despised in Israel, yet, he restored faithful service to God. In the same way, we should have unreserved commitment to God.
* His Zeal For Righteousness – not only was he committed to God, he has zeal for righteousness. His interest is that, people obey the law of God and follow His will. His interest is to do the will of God no matter what. As children of God, our interests should also be to do the will of God no matter what.
* His Decision To Follow God – there were evil kings who rule over Israel before king Hezekiah of Judah. But Hezekiah chose a different path – the path of righteousness. He decided to follow God with all his heart and to live differently.
Beloved, like Hezekiah, you can live your life to the glory of God. you can be a lone voice for God. When others abandon the right path, you can be that one person who is determined to travel on the path of righteousness. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Determine to follow the will of God for your life and serve Him for the rest of your life.
2. Be zealous for God and be determined to achieve great things for Him.
3. Strive to always hunger and thirst after righteousness.
4. Be committed to God and serve Him with all your heart.
Prayer : Precious Father, you are my God. Therefore, help me to serve you with all my heart, amen!
Reflection : Growing in zeal for God is key to achieving great things for His kingdom.
Quote : “Until you are determined and prepared to achieve great things for God, God can’t do anything serious with you.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus’s name, I confess that, I will serve God with all my heart for the rest of my life, amen!
Biblical Fact : Did you know Gideon’s father was called Joash? (Judges 6:11).
Today In History : June 26, 0363 Roman Emperor Julian dies, ending the Pagan Revival.
Stunning Fact : Did you know grasshoppers have white blood?
A Word Of Blessing : Today, I speak to your life, it is well with you. May God guide your heart to do His will. May you receive grace to walk with God, amen!
TOPIC : YOU CAN HEAL OTHERS WITH YOUR WORDS
Wednesday, June 26, 2019
Bible Verse : Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.- Proverbs 16:24 (NET).
LISTEN : Words are powerful. They can kill and equally give life. The way we use them is important. Therefore, our words should be pleasant words. Pleasant words are healing words. They are life-giving and life-saving words. They can only come from the mouth of the wise and godly. Pleasant words are treasured in the hearts of those who understand the importance of human lives and the fear of God. Our Bible verse says, “Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.” (Pro16:24). What does that mean? It means that the words of the wise yield both profit and delight; the wholesome counsels and refreshing comfort of the wise brings healing and life to battered and shattered life. My dear, learn to heal others with your words and don’t add to their miseries. Henceforth, determine to speak words of comfort, courage, edification, motivation, etc., to others and the LORD will bless you. Be wise!
Prayer : Dear Lord, help me to heal others with my words henceforth, in Jesus’ name, amen!