Thursday, June 27, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you. Exodus 23:25 (NIV).
LISTEN : No one wishes for ill-health. Everyone wants to stay healthy and strong because health is wealth. Ill-health is a source of misery, poverty and financial setbacks to most families today. Some sicknesses and diseases are ‘financial drains.’ They won’t leave until their victims are financially drained or dead. Life is miserable with poor health. People’s happiness and peace of mind are negatively affected when life is threatened by sicknesses and diseases. As a matter of fact, sicknesses and diseases are major threats to humanity. People die on a daily basis as a result of them. Lots of people around the world struggle with different health conditions. Some health problems are curable, while some are not, but controllable; and others are regrettably terminal. They are perceived as ‘a death sentence.’ People are terrified at the mere mention of their names. Imagine being diagnosed with a terminal disease, and the doctor announced to you that, you have just few weeks to live, how will you feel? Certainly, you will feel devastated, helpless and hopeless. But I have good news for you, you can be well again! (3 John 1:2). And if you have never been well, you can be healed today. With some lessons from our verse of the day, let us look at how you can receive your healing today:
* Be Committed To Serving And Obeying God – service to God is key to divine healing (Exodus 23:25). It is not possible to serve God and not receive what He promises to do for those who love and obey Him. God promised to bless our food and water if we serve Him faithfully. When the blessing of God is on our food and water, sicknesses and diseases cannot survive in our bodies. So, worship God faithfully.
* Believe You Can Be Healed – faith gives us access to the promises of God. And until we believe what God has promised we can’t enjoy or experience what He can give. My dear, believe that, you can be healed and worship God faithfully to receive the healing. No matter the sickness or disease threatening your life, you can overcome, if you surrender to God and faithfully serve, worship, love and obey Him. If you can crucify your body with Christ, God can take your sicknesses away because of Christ who died on the cross for you.
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Determine to obey, serve and worship God for the rest of your life.
2. No matter the circumstance, just believe that you can be healed.
3. Don’t allow heartbreaking diagnosis to break your heart, instead, be strong in faith.
4. Eat your food as a blessing from God and trust God to bless your body through it.
Prayer : Heavenly Father, I thank you because I am healed by the stripes of Jesus Christ. Today, sicknesses and diseases have no power over me, amen!
Reflection : If you can crucify your body with Christ, God can take your sicknesses away because of Christ who died on the cross for you.
Quote : “When the blessing of God is on our food and water, sicknesses and diseases cannot ruin or survive in our bodies.”
Faith Confession : In the name of Jesus Christ, I confess that God is my healer. Therefore, I am healed of sicknesses and diseases, amen!
Biblical Fact : Did you know Japhthah is the son of a prostitute, and his father’s name is Gilead? (Judges 11:1).
Today In History : June 27, 1871 The yen becomes the new form of currency in Japan.
Stunning Fact : Did you know spiders have transparent blood?
A Word Of Blessing : You will make a difference, Today, I command sicknesses and diseases out of your life forever, in Jesus’s name, amen!
TOPIC : PRAY TO GOD AND WAIT PATIENTLY FOR ANSWERS
Thursday, June 27, 2019
Bible Verse : LORD, in the morning you will hear me; in the morning I will present my case to you and then wait expectantly for an answer Psalms 5:3
LISTEN : My dear, pray to God and wait patiently for answers. David said, “My voice shall you hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayers unto you, and I will look up”. (Psalms 5:3). Learn to wait for God in hope. David was saying that he would make his prayer unto God and after the prayer, he will wait for the answer. He sincerely believed that God cannot disappoint him but deliver him from his numerous afflictions. Proverbs 23:18 says, “For surely there is an end; and your expectation shall not be cut off.” Beloved, like David, there is a bright future for an expectant person, irrespective of circumstances around him or her. So, why are you despairing? Why are you given up on life because of what you’re going through? Perhaps you lost your job, business, loved one, health, marriage, finances, relationship, etc., and you have chosen to give up on life just like that? Please put your trust in God: he is working out something better for you behind the scenes. Henceforth, don’t lose hope, but keep your hope alive for your time of favour has come. I assure you that God will answer you in due time. Be wise!
Prayer : Dear Lord, hear my cry today, and let me not be put to shame, amen!