Friday, June 28, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In the world you have trouble and suffering, but take courage – I have conquered the world. John 16:33
LISTEN : Pain often comes with gain, but it takes determination, courage, patience, hope, faith and the like, to turn pain to gain. My dear, it is possible to turn your pain to gain if you don’t lose focus or give up on yourself or God. Truly, no one enjoys pain, but the truth is that, pain is part of life (Job 14:1). When trouble comes, pain comes with it. When we are confronted with a situation that seems insurmountable, we tend to respond in fear, and the fear in turn produce mental and emotional pain. Pain comes with discomfort and loss of peace. When you are in pain attention tends to be divided. Excruciating pain causes people to lose focus and composure. This is why, in moments of pain, relief becomes our first priority. Nothing will matter to us than ending the pain in our lives. Pain comes in different shapes and forms – it can come as a result of divorce, broken relationships, tragedy, financial setbacks, sicknesses and diseases, poverty, guilt, regrets, death of a loved one, etc. No matter the shapes and sizes pains come, you can still overcome when you follow the steps below:
* Understand Why You Are In Pain – most times we bear needless pains. We allowed our hearts to be broken by things and people that shouldn’t break our hearts. It is an error! When you are in pain, ask yourself if it is worth it, or you can be better off without the pain. And do the needful immediately. If you don’t understand the reason you are in pain, you will be suffering for nothing.
* Understand That Pain Is Part Of Life – pain is part of life (Job 14:1). Some pain are necessary, while others are not. For instance, a pregnant woman must go through some discomfort or pain as a mark of her condition. But in her pain is the blessing (her unborn baby). So, when you go through a necessary pain, endure it and trust God to see you through.
* Always Have Faith In God – it is possible to overcome pain by faith. Faith in God soothes our pain. Faith in God makes us to go through pain patiently and graciously. But when you are faithless you get more frustrated with every situation in your life. So, have faith in God.
* Know That God Is Your Peace – Trouble comes with pain and pain comes with loss of peace. However, you can’t lose your peace if your heart is with God. Jesus told His disciples that, they will have trouble in the world and peace in Him (John 16:33). We live in a wicked world and it is not strange to face trouble. So, give your troubles to God in faith and He will give you His peace in return. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Don’t give up when dealing with pain, rather be patient and believe that you will overcome in the end.
2. Don’t be frustrated when you are faced with suffering, instead, determine to learn the act of endurance.
3. Always remind yourself that, pain is not the end of life, but a surmountable part of life.
4. Never allow your suffering to make you question the power of God or your faith in Him.
Prayer : Everlasting Father, you are my strength. Therefore, help me to overcome my pains and suffering, in Jesus’ name, amen!
Reflection : Pain often comes with gain, but it takes determination, courage, patience, hope, faith and the like, to turn pain to gain.
Quote : “If it is too difficult to deal with pain, it is because it is too difficult to grow in faith, patience and endurance”
Faith Confession : Today, I confess that, God is my strength and hope. Therefore, I will not be overwhelmed by pain, amen!
Biblical Fact : Did you know Adam lived 930 years before he died? (Genesis 5:5).
Today In History : June 28, 1949 The last U.S. combat troops are called home from Korea, leaving only 500 advisers.
Stunning Fact : Did you know moths have white blood?
A Word Of Blessing : It is well with you. May God deliver you from any pain or suffering designed to destroy your life, in Jesus’ name, amen!
TOPIC : GOD’S WORD BRINGS SOLUTIONS
Friday, June 28, 2019
Bible Verse : By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. Psalms 33:6
LISTEN : The heaven speaks of God’s glory and power. He talks the heaven and earth into existence by His words. God’s word creates things and produces miracles. Natural laws are put on hold by the power of the word of God. Yes! True miracles are a product of His word. We will experience the power of His word when we acknowledge its importance. The more we read, understand, and act on the word of God, the more we will be able to move into the powerful manifestation of His presence. Understanding and believing the word of God can equally cause us to create things through the word. The same word that worked for God can work for us because we are created in the image of God. There is solution in the word of God. Beloved, God’s word is spirit, hence, acting on the word of God gives spirit and life to your own words. So, act in faith. Faith gives life to your word and turns it into something supernatural. My dear, speak in line with the word of God and you will experience solutions through His word. Be wise!
Prayer : Heavenly Father, give solutions to my problems through your word in Jesus’ name, amen!