Wednesday, July 3, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : When my anxious inner thoughts become overwhelming, your comfort encourages me. Psalms 91:19
LISTEN : A woman whose heart was broken writes to her older sister who lives abroad. In her letter she narrated her ordeals. She said, “Sister, my heart is aching right now, because I have lost everything. My three children got sick about the same time and died successively in days. As I pen this letter to you, I have no child! So, I can’t take it anymore. I want to end it all. I’m sorry it has to end this way, I know you will miss me greatly, but just take heart sister, I love you.” Having received the letter, she (older sister) cancelled all her engagements and flew back home to meet her hurting younger sister. Luckily, she found her still alive. She hugs her and declares to her, “It is well with you, sister! You won’t die just because your kids are dead. You will live. You are not created to die a miserable death. There is still something to live for. God cares about you and will heal your broken heart and restore your losses. Just trust Him, walk with Him and wait for Him, and you will not be disappointed.” She was comforted by her sister’s words and was gradually healed of her broken heart. My dear, are you having a troubled heart? Is your heart broken and aching? Do you think there is nothing to live for? Please stop! God cares about you. He has plans for you, and His plans can’t be stopped by troubles of life. So, when your heart is troubled, don’t fix your eyes on the trouble, rather, fix your eyes on God and His promises. Beloved, when your heart is troubled, follow the steps below:
* Trust In The Lord – people may fail or deny you, but God cannot. So, fix your eyes on God and you will not be ashamed. When you are pushed around by circumstances of life, push yourself back to God. (Psalms 25:1-2a)
* Wait On The Lord – beloved, don’t be in a hurry. Pray and wait on the Lord. When you wait on God you can’t be overwhelmed by pressures of life. Certainly, you will renew your strength. When you are tired and fainting, refill and re-energized your life with the power of God. (Psalms 27:14).
* Walk With The Lord – a time of trouble is not a time to be isolated from God, but time to draw closer to Him. The more closer you are to God the more strength you will draw from Him. So, don’t be afraid, rather, trust God, wait on Him and walk with Him always (Psalms 23:4). Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. When your heart is troubled remember that, you have a God who cares about you.
2. When your heart is troubled pray and put your trust in God.
3. No matter the circumstance, learn to wait on God and trust His judgment.
4. Determine to walk with God no matter what, and don’t be afraid of evil.
Prayer : Eternal Father, I thank you because you are my hope. Therefore, when my heart is overwhelmed with troubles, deliver me in Jesus’ name, amen!
Reflection : God cares about you. He has plans for you, and His plans cannot be stopped by troubles of life.
Quote : “When the heart is troubled, it is not time to fix the eyes on the trouble, but on God and His promises.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus’ name, I confess that God is my peace and hope. Therefore, I will trust in Him and not be troubled anymore, amen!
Biblical Fact : Did you know Jesus Christ was a carpenter before he started his ministry? (Mark 6:3).
Today In History : July 3, 1954 Food rationing ends in Great Britain almost nine years after the end of World War 11.
Stunning Fact : Did you know a chameleon’s tongue is twice the length of its body?
A Word Of Blessing : You will make a difference. Today I prophesy to you, may your burdens be taken away. May you receive peace for your troubled heart henceforth. It is well with you, in Jesus’ name, amen!
TOPIC : IS YOUR LOYALTY COMPLETELY TO CHRIST?
Wednesday, July 3, 2019
Bible Verse : For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21 (KJV).
LISTEN : In our Bible verse today, Apostle Paul declares his unchanging resolve for God. He said, “For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” (Philippians 1:21 KJV). What does he really mean by that? He was simply saying that he lives just to honor Christ with his life (Galatians 2:20); but if he dies, that will be better for him, because then, he will be completely and forever united with Christ Jesus His Lord. My dear, to a true believer in Christ Jesus, death is an opportunity to exit the wicked world and transit to a better life. Beloved, are you truly living for God or just for yourself? To live just for yourself is to live for nothing. (Mark 8:36,37); for he who abandons God to pursue the world, will eventually discover that he has laboured in vain. Surely, those who live in this life just to please themselves at the expense of God, will exit this world to mourn and groan forever in torment. So, examine yourself and determine to grow unalloyed loyalty to God. Be wise!
Prayer : Heavenly Father, you are my God. Therefore, I pledge my everlasting loyalty to you, in Jesus’ name, amen!