Saturday, July 6, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : Though he stumbles, he will not fall down flat, for the LORD will hold up his hand. Psalms 37:24 (ISV).
LISTEN : Failure is not the end of the road to your quest for success. It doesn’t mean you are a failure either; rather, it shows that, you have not yet discovered what to do to overcome failure. So, don’t give up when you fail, for God will help you succeed if you have faith in Him. My dear, try to meet success and failure with the same dignity. Yes, when you can meet success and failure with the same dignity, then you are spiritually mature. It takes maturity to know that, failure is a stepping stone to success. Failure doesn’t stop success, rather it triggers it. Every success story is accompanied by a failure story. If you are sincere enough, you will agree with me that, when growing up as a child, you failed in many ways until you were able to master certain things. Today, you still fail in some aspects of life; yet, such failure couldn’t stop your success. My dear, failure gives us the opportunity to appreciate success, just as we come to appreciate sweetness after tasting bitterness. Truth is, if there is a sincere desire for success, failure will open your eyes to how not to succeed, and adjust your mind to how to succeed. So, don’t fail because you failed; rather, determine to succeed because failure has taught you what to avoid or do to succeed. Henceforth, follow the steps below:
* Appreciate Failure – approach success and failure with the same dignity. See failure as part of your journey to success. Appreciate failure because you are made better by failure. Don’t quit your quest for success because you failed, rather, keep pushing forward any time you fail. Beloved, success is hidden in the womb of failure.
* Determine To Turn Your Failure To Success – turning your failure to success is your responsibility. Failure teaches us how not to do some certain things. Therefore, we should learn such lessons and retrace our steps. Stop doing things the same way that makes them fail, instead, do it differently until you break through.
* Make Success More Successful – the world keeps evolving. Most of the things that were relevant yesterday are no longer relevant today; and things that are relevant today might be obsolete and irrelevant tomorrow. So, always keep up with the time. Create success through success. That is, don’t rely on the victory or success of yesterday; rather, keep going for success, for there is room for more. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Don’t stop trying just because you failed, rather keep trying until you succeed.
2. When you fail, encourage yourself and determine to keep trying until you succeed.
3 Don’t allow the joy of success stop you from trying something new.
4. When success comes, strive to sustain it and go for more successes.
Prayer : Heavenly Father, I know I can succeed even if I failed. Therefore, help me to continue trying until I succeed, amen!
Reflection : To succeed, don’t give up when you fail, instead, try to meet success and failure with the same dignity.
Quote : “If there is a desire for success, failure will teach you how not to succeed by adjusting your mind to how to succeed.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus’ name, today I confess that, I will be successful no matter how many times I may have failed, amen!
Biblical Fact : Did you know Jesus Christ died to save you from the wrath of God? (Romans 5:9).
Today In History : July 6, 1967 Nigerian Civil War erupts as Nigerian forces invade the secessionist state of Biafra.
Stunning Fact : Did you know a cat has 32 muscles in each ear?
A Word Of Blessing : It is well with you. Today I speak to your life, nothing will stop your success. Where you failed you will succeed; and where you cried before, you will laugh, in Jesus’ name, amen!
TOPIC : WORK WITH TIME
Saturday, July 6, 2019
Bible Verse : I glorified you on the earth. I have accomplished the work which you have given me to do. John 17:4
LISTEN : Time is vital to life; hence, if you don’t value time you don’t value life. To be useful in life you should be serious with your time on the earth. Learn to do for God what you must do now, that you are still alive. Never forget that, every second counts. My dear, hurry, for you don’t have all the time in the world. (Hebrews 9:27). Like the game of soccer, your success is tied to the time of the game. What you are unable to achieve within the time allowed by the game of life, will leave you to regret in eternity. When your life on the earth expires, your journey and purpose will end. So, don’t pursue frivolities when you should be pursuing divine assignments. Pursue the purpose of God. Don’t waste your time trying to please your flesh or the world, rather, spend your time to discover yourself and fulfill your God-given purpose in life. Be a great achiever; and determine to pursue God’s purpose for your life and finish it before you leave the earth. God’s purpose for your life is to finish your assignments to His own glory (John 17:4). Henceforth, determine to pursue and finish your God-given assignments in the earth. Be wise!
Prayer : Dear Lord, help me to pursue your purpose for my life, in Jesus’ name, amen!