Tuesday, July 9, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : Can a woman forget her baby who nurses at her breast? Can she withhold compassion from the child she has borne? Even if mothers were to forget, I could never forget you! Isaiah 49:15 (NET).
LISTEN : At birth, the closest person to a new born baby is the mother. Right from the womb a baby is attached to his or her mother and enjoys her intimacy. However, for different reasons some mothers may tend to be unkind, unfriendly and inhumane to their new born babies. Countless times we have heard stories about women who gave birth to babies and threw them away as trash. Thankfully, God is not like that. He does not reject His own no matter their weaknesses. The Israelites murmured and moaned that God has rejected them. The Bible says, “Zion said, ‘The LORD has abandoned me, the sovereign master has forgotten me.’” (Isaiah 49:14). But God replied, “Can a woman forget her baby who nurses at her breast? Can she withhold compassion from the child she has borne? Even if mothers were to forget, I could never forget you!” (v.15). My dear, God is too great to reason like sinful man. Man can reject you, but God can still accept you when you come to Him. Beloved, below are four things to do when you are faced with rejection:
* Don’t Reject Yourself – when you are rejected don’t reject yourself. Rejection doesn’t define you, but your decision does. Jephthah was rejected by his family. But he decided to be relevant no matter what. At the end, those who rejected him came looking for him for help (Judges 11:1-11). My dear, you can disappoint your enemies by being useful to yourself even when you face rejection.
* Never Give Room For Depression – rejection often comes with worry and anxiety. The rejected tends to give up hope of survival and therefore end up troubled and depressed. Beloved, no matter the situation don’t give room for depression. Instead, accept what life deals you and transform them to what you desire to be in life.
* Determine To Move On After Rejection – rejection is not end of the road for anyone who is wise and determined to succeed. Yes, he who is stopped by rejection is already determined to fail. Rejection is just an obstacle, and obstacles are meant to be surmounted. So, no matter who rejects you, determine to move on after every rejection.
* Put Your Trust In God – when everyone rejects you God will take care of you. David said, “Even if my father and mother abandoned me, the LORD would take me in.” (Psalms 27:10). When you can’t see any hope around you, it is time to turn to God – the God of hope. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Don’t cry and moan because of rejection, instead, be strong and courageous.
2. When you are faced with rejection don’t be discouraged, rather keep your hope alive.
3. When everyone rejects you, put your trust in God and remember that, he will not reject you.
4. Stop crying about rejection and begin to work hard to achieve excellence.
Prayer : Heavenly Father, I thank you because you can’t reject your own. Therefore, help me to put my trust in you, in Jesus’ name, amen!
Reflection : Rejection seems like a road block, but not end of the road for anyone who is wise and determined to succeed.
Quote : “With wisdom, faith and patience, rejection takes the rejected from rejection to relevance and acceptance.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus’ name, I confess that God never rejects His own. Therefore, I will put my trust in Him, amen!
Biblical Fact : Did you know you can’t overcome the devil without the armour of God with you? (Ephesians 6:10-17).
Today In History : July 9 1401 Turko-Mongol ruler Tamerlane (Timur) destroys Baghdad, killing 20,000.
Stunning Fact : Did you know 85% of plant life is found in the ocean?
A Word Of Blessing : It is well with you. Today I prophesy to you, may God turn your rejection to acceptance; your sorrow to joy; your weeping to laughter, and your misery to a miracle, in Jesus’ name, amen!
Tuesday, July 9, 2019
TOPIC : LET US WALK IN LOVE
Bible Verse : Therefore, whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them, because this summarizes the Law and the Prophets. Matthew 7:12 (ISV)
LISTEN : We can walk in love if we are determined to walk with God. Walking in love will not be difficult if we are prepared to discover the God of love. My dear, God is love (1John 4:8). He wants us to treat others with love, the same way we want them to treat us. He wants us to present before everyone what is honourable and acceptable. (2Corinthians 8:21); in other words, we should not do to others what we know will harm them. We should treat others with love, respect and dignity. Beloved, if you deserve good things, don’t you think others deserve that too? My dear, life can only be sweet and pleasant when it is lived on the principles of God’s word. If we respect God’s word we cannot neglect to do what He directs us to do. His word is a guide to a holy living, fairness, justice, uprightness, harmony and cooperation among people. Yes, when His word is the foundation on which our conduct is laid, then, mistreatment of others cannot be a delight to us. Our God is a good God. He loves uprightness and fairness; and He is offended when we mistreat others. Therefore, as children of God, let us walk in love always. Be wise!
Prayer : Dear Lord, help me to walk in love always in Jesus’ name, amen!