Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : The one who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and the one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much. Luke 16:10
LISTEN : Trust is a very big issue when relating to others. It is hard and dangerous to associate with untrustworthy person. Everyone wants to be trusted, but not everyone can pass the test of trust. Beloved, if you must be trusted you must be tested and certified “trustworthy.” To earn people’s trust, here are 4 ways to go:
* Be Selfless And Sacrificial – a selfish person can hardly be a trustworthy person. A selfish person is more interested in his or her personal gains than the gains of others. Selfishness undermines the welfare of others and pushes personal interest before the interests of others. But when you are sacrificial, you can forgo certain things to benefit others. And when it is firmly established that you are sacrificial in your approach to life, you will earn people’s trust.
* Show Yourself Trustworthy – you can’t be trusted until you are tested. To be trusted you must show yourself trustworthy. You may ask, how? Have you ever asked yourself, the last time someone repose trust in you, what you did with it? Last time you were trusted with a secret, did you keep it? The little thing you were given to manage the last time, how did you handle it? My dear, if you are not trustworthy in a little thing, it will be hard to be trustworthy in great things (see Luke 16:10).
* Avoid Gossip – to earn the trust of others you should avoid gossip. Stop discussing the private life of others behind them with the intention to discredit them. When you talk carelessly about others you can never earn their trust and respect. And even those who may have trusted you for any reason, will certainly withdraw their trust. My dear, to excel in your relationship with others you should be in control of your words.
* Keep Your Promises – you build trust when you keep your promises; and loses trust when it is firmly established that you don’t keep promises. My dear, determine to grow in integrity. Don’t play with trust; guard it with all you’ve got. Lawrence Welk said, “Trust is like a paper, once it’s crumpled it can’t be perfect again.” Beloved, remember that, if you must be trusted you must show yourself trustworthy. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Be careful how you live because you will earn or lose trust by the way you live.
2. Esteem integrity highly and never allow anyone or anything destroy your integrity.
3. Don’t be fast to make promises instead, first evaluate situations.
4. Learn to watch your mouth in what you say about others.
Prayer : Precious Father, you are trustworthy. Therefore, help me to be trustworthy as long as I live, amen!
Reflection : He who must be trusted must show himself trustworthy.
Quote : “It is hard to be selfish and not be untrustworthy and crooked.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus’ name, I confess that, I will forever live my life to the glory of God, amen!
Biblical Fact : Did you know the rod of Moses changed to a serpent before Pharaoh and swallowed up the rod (serpent) of Pharaoh’s magicians? (Exodus 7:10-12).
Today In History : June 16, 1790 Congress declares the city of Washington in the District of Columbia, the permanent capital of the United States.
Stunning Fact : Did you know the average person falls asleep in 7 minutes?
A Word Of Blessing : It is well with you. May God help you to walk in integrity and purity of heart, in Jesus’ name, amen!
TOPIC : SIN CREATES TROUBLES
Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Bible Verse : But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt. There is no peace, says my God, to the wicked. Isaiah 57:20-21
LISTEN : Sin creates troubles. Where sin is present conscience will be restless and miserable. Sadly, people cherish and adore sin. My dear, life will become a nightmare when wickedness is cherished and revered. Calm and peace of mind will be lost when wickedness is enthroned. (v21). Truly, evil in the heart of a man will ruin the privilege of enjoying the peace of God. There is no peace for the wicked. The wicked are like the ocean which can never be still. Whether you are watching the ocean from the beach or a boat, you expect to see waves on the horizon with the potential to travel across an entire ocean basin. Most of these waves are hazardous, like the hurricane, tornado, tsunamis, etc. Their waves rise, rage, and tumble about, and beat against the shore and sand, threatening to pass the bounds fixed for them. Like the ocean, the minds of wicked men are unstable and restless through the terrors of conscience for their sins; and the malice and envy towards the prosperity of the righteous in Christ Jesus. The wicked are not in tune with God; hence, God’s judgment is upon them because of their despicable life. (Romans 6:23). However, God is willing to forgive if the wicked is willing to return to Him. So, make a U-turn today and God will forgive you. Be wise!
Prayer : Everlasting Father, I thank you for the blessings of your word today. Help me to stay away from sin, in Jesus’ name, amen!