Wednesday, July 17, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : As righteousness tends to life: so he that pursues evil pursues it to his own death. Proverbs 11:19
LISTEN : Evil is often very enticing and seems irresistible; as a result, lots of people fall cheaply to the tricks of the devil. When the devil desires to destroy anyone, he dangles before him the “bait of pleasure.” It is this so-called pleasure that people think they will enjoy, that makes them do evil and damn the consequences. Truth is, a pleasure trip with Satan is a journey to the land of no return. Therefore, before you consider making a trip with the devil (i.e commit evil), here are four reasons why you should hate evil:
* Evil Deceives And Derails – because of the so-called “pleasure” people derive from committing evil, they fail to understand that they are being deceived by the devil and derailed from the purpose of God. My dear, don’t forget that, anytime you accept to do the bidding of Satan you have just been deceived.
* Evil Hurts In The End – evil may be sweet in the beginning, but in the end it hurts. It will hurt both you and people around you. So, when you think of committing evil, also think of the corresponding consequences. In the end, the bitterness of evil will always bury the sweetness of it.
* Evil Ruins Destiny – destinies are marred by evil. The future will be ruined where evil reigns. Yes, those who enjoy evil despise their future. Evil creates a road block on the road to success. My dear, you can’t excel with evil. No doubt, evil can take you on a pleasure trip, but can’t bring you back in one piece. (Genesis 49:3-4).
* Evil Brings Trouble And Death – no matter one’s cleverness and scheming ability, a sinner will not go unpunished. The Bible says, “Be sure of this: the wicked will not go unpunished…“ (Proverbs 11:21 ISV). My dear, he who delights to do evil must be prepared for troubles and death. So, hate evil with passion and you will attract the life of Christ. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Don’t be deceived by the so-called pleasure of sin, instead, be wise to escape Satan’s tricks.
2. Always remind yourself that, sin hurts in the end and therefore avoid it.
3. Be mindful of the future you want to create, and don’t allow your love for evil to mar your future.
4. Always remember that, sin comes with troubles and death and therefore, avoid it.
Prayer : Dear Lord, I thank you for a brand new day. Help me to hate evil passionately as long as I live, in Jesus’ name, amen!
Reflection : Evil may be sweet in the beginning, but in the end it hurts.
Quote : “Where evil is pampered or treated with devil-may care attitude, life is despised and at risk of destruction.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus ‘ name, I confess that evil is dangerous and destructive. Therefore, I will hate evil and love righteousness, amen!
Biblical Fact : Did you know Jesus Christ refers to the house of God as the house of prayer? (Matthew 21:13).
Today In History : July 17, 1944 Field Marshall Erwin Rommel is wounded when an Allied fighter strafes his staff car in France.
Stunning Fact : Did you know whales can’t swim backwards?
A Word Of Blessing : You will make a difference. Today I speak to your life, may God protect you from evil and keep your eyes on Himself always, in Jesus’ name, amen!
TOPIC : SEE WITH THE LIGHT OF GOD’S WORD
Wednesday, July 17, 2019
Bible Verse : Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light for my path. Psalms 119:105
LISTEN : You will walk in total darkness without the word of God. But with God’s word with you, your path is illuminated. My dear, God’s word is good because it shows us the path to life. The word of God expresses the will of God. Those who hear and obey the word of God can never miss their way. God’s word is the light that shines in our paths. It is the light with which we can see the right path in this wicked and dark world. Without the light of His words, we are limited and doomed. Truly, speed is limited when sight is impaired. Without sight, one will stumble and grope for directions. (Mathew 6:23). My dear, what good sight is to you, God’s word is to your life. God’s word guides people to the right path. It is the key to a righteous and holy living. Those who keep step with the word of God cannot stray from His purpose. They are always protected from dangers and traps of the devil. Beloved, surrender yourself to God and you will see with the light of His words. Be wise!
Prayer : Everlasting Father, I acknowledged that I will live in darkness without your word. Therefore, help me to know your words more and more, in Jesus’ name, amen!