Saturday, July 20, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : Let not your heart be troubled: have faith in God and have faith in me. John 14:1
LISTEN : We are often troubled in our hearts when we are faced with troubles or difficulties, because we think there are no solutions to our problems. My dear, we are living in a trouble-ridden world, and if your eyes are not on God, trust me, you will lose your peace of mind. Sadly, when the heart is troubled life becomes a nightmare. This is the reason Jesus Christ encouraged His disciples to be calm in their hearts and be strong in faith. He urged them to have faith in God and in Him too (John 14:1). My dear, relax your mind and have faith in God. However, to enjoy peace in your heart, you must have faith in God (Psalms 119:165). A heart where faith reigns cannot be a playground for fear, worry and depression. Faith focuses your eyes on God. And the more your eyes are on God, the more peace you receive to your troubled heart. Beloved, do you want to enjoy peace in your heart? Then, exercise calmness. Calmness is a virtue which takes practice to perfect. But it is so beneficial. So, practice quietness by meditating on the word of God. Quietness teaches you stillness of mind. Your mind must be quiet for you to really enjoy that state of calm you so desire. My dear, God wants you to have peace of mind. Here, are reasons why your heart should not be troubled:
* You Can Find Peace If You Build Your Faith – It is difficult to enjoy peace if you think it is impossible to have peace of mind. But the good news is that, you can find peace if you build your faith in God. Jesus said to His disciples, “Have faith in God and have faith in me.” (John 14:1). So, to build your faith in God, study and meditate in His words.
* God Can’t Abandon You If You Trust Him – Believe that God can’t abandon you. The Bible says, “The LORD is indeed going before you – he will be with you; he will not fail you or abandon you. Do not be afraid or discouraged!” (Deut. 31:8; see also Hebrews 13:5). If you are a child of God, just know that, God will not abandon you.
* Acknowledge That, You Are Not Alone – No matter what you go through, always see God around you. Acknowledge that you are not alone. He is aware of your pain and heartbreak. And if you can’t miss the knowledge of His presence you can’t miss His intervention.
* Since God Has Promised Peace He Will Give Peace – Acknowledge that God can’t promise what He can’t give. When you cast your burdens on Him, He will release His peace to you. The Bible says, “And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.“ (Philippians 4:7). Beloved, let not your heart be troubled, instead, trust in God always. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Learn to be strong, courageous and stay calm even in the face of danger.
2. Fix your eyes on God and don’t lose hope no matter what.
3. Don’t be troubled in your heart, instead, have faith in God.
4. Practice quietness by meditating on the word of God.
Prayer : Almighty God, you give peace to troubled hearts. Therefore, give peace to my troubled heart today, amen!
Reflection : We live in a trouble-ridden world, and if our eyes are not on God, we will lose our peace of mind.
Quote : “Faith focuses your eyes on God in times of troubles. And the more your eyes are on God, the more peace you receive to your troubled heart.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus name, I confess that, God gives peace to troubled hearts. Therefore, I will trust in Him in times of troubles, amen!
Biblical Fact : Did you know peace is available in the midst of troubles? (Philippians 4:6-7).
Today In History : Jul 20, 1945 Adolf Hitler is wounded in an assassination attempt by German Army officers at Ratenburg.
Stunning Fact : Did you know room temperature is defined as between 20 to 25C (68 to 77F)?
A Word Of Blessing : You are blessed. May God give peace to your troubled heart. I decree today that, the spirit of confusion and endless trouble is leaving you today, in Jesus’ name, amen!
TOPIC : GOD LOVES YOU AND WANTS TO HELP YOU
Saturday, July 20, 2019
Bible Verse : Throw all your worry on him, because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
LISTEN : God loves you and wants to help you. But you must let Him in. You must cast your burdens on Him by faith. My dear, we are not serving a God who is inconsiderate and insensitive to the sufferings of His people; rather, we are serving the God who cares about His people. The God that feels the pain and needs of His people. He created us for His own glory, and therefore will sustain us. And because He created us and gives us life daily, therefore, we should also allow Him take care of all the things that we are worried about. Why should you doubt God’s ability to meet your needs? My dear, God cares about you as much as He cares about me. So, have faith in Him and stop worrying yourself. Henceforth, trust the promises of God; determine never to give up on Him, refuse to fear or faint in the face of troubles, and wait patiently for Him. He will surely intervene at the right time. Therefore, throw all your worries on him, because he cares for you. Be wise!
Prayer : Precious Father, thank you for you are caring and loving. Therefore, I will trust and serve you always, in Jesus’ name, amen!