Thursday, August 1, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : But when Jesus heard what they said, he told the synagogue leader, “Stop being afraid! Just keep on believing.” Mark 5:36
LISTEN : Hopelessness is the foundation of failure. For it’s impossible to continue or conclude a journey to success when the heart is empty of purpose, hope and faith. What is hope? It’s to expect with confidence: it’s to trust. When you have faith in God, your faith will produce a living hope. You’re confident that, your expectations will not be disappointed (Proverbs 23:18). You’re sure that, no situation can end your dreams or your life. My dear, it’s your responsibility to keep your hope alive. In the midst of afflictions and tragedies Job said, “If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.” (Job 14:14 UKJV). Truly, it’s very easy to grow cold and lose hope when situation seems not to change for good. When situation grows from bad to worse, it’s difficult to believe that, things will ever again get better. That’s how we think as humans. But when your heart is affected by faith your thought line will change. You’ll begin to see beyond every situation and build your confidence in God. My dear, no situation is too bad to change. Only if your faith won’t die, your change will come. When Jairus came to Jesus for his child’s healing. Jesus accepted to go with him. But message came to Jairus that, his child was dead and there was no need to bring Jesus to the house. Jesus Christ knowing that, the bad news was coming between Jairus and the healing he had hoped for, said to him, “Stop being afraid! Just keep on believing.” (Mark 5:36). Same is the message to you today. Beloved, here are 3 ways to keep your hope alive:
* Stop Being Afraid – fear silence hope and limits faith. So, stop being afraid. Turn your fears to God and confront them by faith in God (Psalms 56:3). My dear, it’s impossible to reach your goals when you journey with fear and hopelessness.
* Endure Trials – lots of people have committed suicide because of problems. Many often quit their pursuit in life because of same. They think that, there’s nothing to live for. But I’m here to encourage you to think and live like Job. If you can endure trials you can be blessed (Job 42:12-17).
* Keep Believing – no matter the situation or bad news around you, be determined to believe what you already believed in God. Don’t lose hope just because something indicates there’s no hope; rather, keep believing. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what’s expected of you.
1. No matter the circumstance, determine to be strong and courageous and you’ll overcome.
2. Don’t give up on life just because there’s great pressure on you, rather be resilient and rugged.
3. Determine to keep your hope alive and keep pushing for success until you succeed.
4. When you’re afraid trust in God and deal with your fears through the word of God.
Prayer : Everlasting Father, I thank you for your words today. Help me to overcome my troubles and keep my hope alive, in Jesus’ name, amen!
Reflection : Deal with fear; for fear will silence hope and limits faith.
Quote : “Hopelessness is the foundation of failure. For it’s impossible to continue or conclude a journey to success when the heart is empty of purpose, hope and faith.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus’ name, today I confess that, no matter the circumstance, I will keep my hope alive, amen!
Biblical Fact : Did you know God changed the name of Abraham’s wife from Sarai to Sarah? (Genesis 17:15)
Today In History : August 1, 1834 Slavery is abolished throughout the British Empire.
Stunning Fact : Did you know the longest recorded flight of a chicken was 13 seconds?
A Word Of Blessing : You’ll make a difference. May God help you out of every trouble. May your hope not die. It’s well with you, in Jesus’ amen!
Thursday, August 1, 2019
TOPIC : RESERVE YOUR WORSHIP FOR GOD
Bible Verse : You shall have no other gods before me. Exodus 20:3
LISTEN : Those who know God will reserve worship for Him alone. My dear, worship belongs to God. God is supreme and the creator of the universe, hence, should be revered by all. (Luke 4:8). We should accord Him the honour that’s due Him. His glory must not be given to another. We must not offer reverence or devote our respect to things that are not God (money, fame, beauty, power, humans, etc.). Nothing is worthy of God’s glory other than God Himself. This is why He warned the Israelites and we by extension, against worshipping other gods. The Bible says, “You shall have no other gods before me.” (Exodus 20:3). God’s commandment to them was to worship only Him. That’s, they must not worship any other god. God does not take it lightly when He is denied of His honour and glory. He’s provoked when something else takes the first place in our hearts. Beloved, is God the first in your life? If He’s not, what? Remember, worship belongs to God and be prepared to give Him His place in your life. When God is given the first place in your life, He will give you a place in His own plans. Be wise!
Prayer : Dear Lord, help me to worship you and you alone for the rest of my life, amen!