Friday, August 2, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : Have mercy on me, O God, for men are attacking me! All day long hostile enemies are tormenting me. Those who anticipate my defeat attack me all day long. Indeed, many are fighting against me, O Exalted one. When I am afraid, I trust in you. Psalms 56:1-3 (NET).
LISTEN : Fear is one emotion that often torments the life of people. Many lives have been wrecked by fear because people choose to do nothing to overcome the spirit of fear. My dear, you can overcome fear. Yes, you can! You may ask, how? The answer is in God. Fear fades away when we trust in the living God. When our eyes are on God our fears will gradually vanish. Here are four things to do when fear torments your life:
* Seek The Face Of God And Have Faith In Him – it is said, “If you want to be miserable, look within; distracted, look around; peaceful, look up.” My dear, fear is horrible and destructive, resist it. Trust your future with God. Yes, we can trust our all-knowing God for the unknown future. No matter how terrible the situation is, God can turn it around for your good. Always seek the face of God and put your trust in Him.
* Give Every Anxious Care To Him – when your heart is burning in fear, run to God. When you’ve lost your peace of mind, turn to God. The secret of peace is to give every anxious care to God. When you cast your burdens to God, He will cast His peace into your heart.
* Grow In Love For God – the love of God frees us from the prison of fear. The Bible says, “There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear…” (1 John 4:18a). When you’re committed to loving God fear can’t make your life miserable. My dear, we need not fear the troubles around us as long as the eyes of the Lord are on us.
* Keep A Clear Conscience – nothing deflates confidence like sin. Sin makes us to go hiding when no one pursues us. Therefore, to retain your confidence you must walk in clear conscience always. When you’ve done nothing wrong you’ve nothing to fear. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what’s expected of you?
1. When fear torments your life, turn your fears to God.
2. Be careful to maintain a clear conscience in everything and always.
3. Determine to grow in love for God and you’ll overcome demonic manipulations.
4. Cast your burdens on God and trust Him to help you overcome your troubles.
Prayer : Dear Lord, I put my trust in you. Therefore, help me to overcome my troubles and fears, in Jesus’ name, amen!
Reflection : Nothing deflates confidence like sin; but when you’ve done nothing wrong you’ve nothing to fear.
Quote : “Fear fades away when we trust in the living God; for when our eyes are on God our fears will gradually vanish.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus’ name, I confess that, my hope is in God. Therefore, I will not be afraid of evil, amen!
Biblical Fact : Did you know Moses went into the midst of the cloud, up into the mount: and was there forty days and forty nights? (Exodus 24:18).
Today In History : August 2, 0047 Caesar defeats Pharnaces at Zela in Syria and declares, “veni, vidi, vici,” (I came, I saw, I conquered).
Stunning Fact : Did you know cats can jump up to 7 times their tail length?
A Word Of Blessing : You’ll make a difference. May the spirit of fear be destroyed in your life henceforth, in Jesus’ name, amen!
TOPIC : GOD’S WORD KEEPS US FROM SIN
Friday, August 2, 2019
Bible Verse : Your word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against you. Psalms 119:11
LISTEN : The word of God is good, and it keeps us from sin. Therefore, if we value our lives we should value the words of God much more. His word gives life. God’s word opens our eyes to His will and fill our hearts with honour and awe for Him. His word is good enough to keep us from sin. People enjoy living in sin because they are bankrupt of the word of God. My dear, how much do you love the word of God? God’s words in your heart will influence your life positively. Your actions are based on the state of your heart. Therefore, if your heart is empty of God’s words, your actions will be dominated by evil. That’s why the Bible commands us to protect our hearts. The Bible says, “Keep your heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.“ (Proverbs 4:23). My dear, do you have God’s words in your heart? Do you read and meditate in the words of God? If not, do it today and you will be blessed. Never forget that, if your heart is empty of God’s word, your life will be empty of His purpose for your life. Be wise!
Prayer : Blessed Father, I thank you because of your word today. Help me to hide your words in my heart and to stay away from sin, amen!