Thursday, August 8, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : Cast your burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain you: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. Psalms 55:22
LISTEN : Worry is a menace to human life. In fact, life can’t be pleasant when it’s spent on worry. Worrying about a thing blinds the eyes to opportunities and solutions to the problem. Most times people suffer and die from worry related illnesses. My dear, resist worry! What is worry? Worry is to feel or cause to feel anxious or troubled about actual or potential problems. Beloved, is your heart troubled? Are you worried about certain things in your life and don’t know what to do about them? Here are three ways to deal with your worry:
* Release Your Worry To God In Prayer – tell God about your problems. The Bible says, “Casting all your care upon him; for he cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:7). Release your worry to God in prayer. Don’t allow your situation to shut up your mouth from praying to God. Leave your worries with God and have confidence in Him to handle it for you.
* Fix Your Thoughts On The Power Of God, Not Your Problems – if you focus on your problems you will lose focus of God. When your problems are always in view, God will soon be out of view to you. So, no matter the circumstance, turn your attention away from negative and unbelieving thoughts to the positive and life-giving thoughts of faith, hope, and love.
* Instruct Yourself In The Ways Of Faith And Trust – determine to discipline yourself to build faith and trust in God. Never come to the point where you begin to doubt the promises of God. Even when you can’t practically see any door of escape from your miseries and troubles, trust the God who can make a way where there seems to be no way. Always fight worry and anxiety by remembering and trusting God’s promises. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Don’t continue to bear your burdens alone, take them to God.
2. Work on your thoughts by exchanging negative and unbelieving thoughts with positive and life-changing ones.
3. Determine to build up yourself in faith and trust in the living God.
4. Whatever the reason for your worry is, don’t lose hope; rather trust in God.
Prayer : Precious Father, my trust is in you. Therefore, when my heart is troubled, help me to overcome my worries, amen!
Reflection : Life can’t be pleasant when it’s spent on worry; for worrying about a thing blinds the eyes to opportunities and solutions to the problems.
Quote : “He who focuses on his problems will lose focus of God; for he who has his problems always in view, will soon have God out of view.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus’ name, I confess that God is my hope and deliverer. Therefore, I will not be afraid or worry about anything, amen!
Biblical Fact : Did you know God changed the name of Abraham’s wife from Sarai to Sarah? (Genesis 17:15)
Today In History : August 8, 1979 Iraq’s president Saddam Hussein executes 22 political opponents.
Stunning Fact : Did you know The first English dictionary was written in 1755?
A Word Of Blessing : You’ll make a difference. Today I speak to your life, you’ll not die of worry and frustration. May God deliver you from every burden that’s designed to destroy your life, amen!
TOPIC : THINK ABOUT GOD’S GOODNESS
Thursday, August 8, 2019
Bible Verse : The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works. Psalms 145:9
LISTEN : My dear, do you think about the goodness of God? Do you meditate on His tender mercies? God is good to all His creation. He’s kind and compassionate toward us; He’s disposed and ready to do us good at all times. He’s the life of all. Without Him you have no life (Acts 17:25). There’s not one of us whom He’s not ready and willing to bless; or whose welfare He’s not ready to promote. His goodness is to all. The Bible says, “And his tender mercies are over all his works” (Psalms 145:9). That is, in all that He has made, there’s evidence that He’s a kind and benevolent God. He has a heart to love and to bless what He has made (see Matt 5:45). He’s gracious. He’s not disposed to cast off the weak, the erring, and the suffering. He’s willing to pardon, receive and restore the repentant, and to wipe away the tears of the brokenhearted. God’s goodness and mercy are ultimately demonstrated in Jesus Christ who tasted death for every man. His grace for every soul is free. My dear, no matter what happens, think of what God has done for you, and you’ll agree with me and therefore declare that God is good to all. Be wise!
Prayer : Everlasting Father, you are good. Therefore, help me to think about your goodness, amen!