Sunday, August 25, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : Whoever is lazy regarding his work is also a brother to the master of destruction. Proverbs 18:9
LISTEN : Love for laziness is the foundation of misery and personal destruction. What does it mean to be lazy? It means, not liking to work hard or to be active. Lots of people want success but wouldn’t want to work for it. They desire it but despise the means to it. They live as people who are allergic to hard work. My dear, success is not a function of chance, but of purposeful preparation. So, whoever enjoys laziness must be prepared for its corresponding consequences. Here are four reasons why you should shun lazy :
* Laziness Is An Enemy Of Success – laziness is an enemy of success. You can’t walk into success with lazy attitudes. Laziness comes with procrastination, and procrastination frustrates the future. So, shun laziness, because it will build unpleasant and regrettable future for you.
* Laziness Destroys The Future – you have no future if you’re partnering with laziness. When you wine and dine with laziness, be sure to meet an empty future full of shame, misery and regrets. To secure a great future for yourself, you must shun laziness and invest meaningfully in today.
* Laziness Produces Poverty – poverty is a by product of laziness and improper planning. The Bible says, “The one who is lazy becomes poor, but the one who works diligently becomes wealthy.” (Proverbs 10:4). Lazy people have contempt for diligent hard work and excellence. They love success but hate hard work. Sadly, they can only desire success but can’t have it, because success is for the prudent.
* Laziness Delays Manifestation Of Destiny – laziness delays manifestation of destiny. As a matter of fact, your talents and abilities can’t manifest when you’re lazy. Even if they do, you can’t get any better with them when you’re lazy. My dear, laziness will mar your destiny. Truth is, a good destiny + a lazy attitude = a marred destiny. So, be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Shun laziness and embrace diligent hard work.
2. Stop procrastination and engage what you’re afraid of.
3. Never end your day without investing your time meaningfully.
4. Regularly evaluate your actions and make necessary adjustments.
Prayer : Heavenly Father, you are the all-wise God. Help me to be wise and to do what you want me to do to be successful, amen!
Reflection : Laziness delays and frustrates manifestation of destiny.
Quote : “Love for laziness is the foundation of misery and personal destruction; for success is not a function of chance, but of purposeful preparation.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus’ name, I acknowledged that, laziness will destroy a good destiny. Therefore, I will shun all forms of laziness henceforth, amen!
Biblical Fact : Did you know King Saul spares Agag, King of Amalek against the commandment of God to destroy everything? (1 Samuel 15:23-26).
Today In History : August 25, 1980 Zimbabwe joins the United Nations.
Stunning Fact : Did you know the Amazon rainforest produces half the world’s oxygen supply?
A Word Of Blessing : You’ll make a difference. Today I decree, whatever that will make you not to fulfill God’s purpose for your life is destroyed, in Jesus’ name, amen.
TOPIC : REJOICE ALWAYS
Sunday, August 25, 2019
Verse Of The Day : Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I say, rejoice! Philippians 4:4
LISTEN : The joy of the LORD is the strength of the believer in times of troubles. They’re not discouraged when the going gets tough. They rejoice always no matter what (Habakkuk 3:17-18). Beloved, it’s obvious that our hearts most times could be broken by tragedy and other ugly experiences, however, we can still find solace in the Lord. When sorrow seems to take the place of joy in your heart, resist it. No matter the reason for your heartbreak and sorrow, learn to rest on the power of the LORD. My dear, don’t allow sorrow to ruin your life. You may have made mistakes in the past, and today, the guilt is eaten you up, as a result, you’re sad and confused. Not to worry! Just embrace the joy of the LORD (Nehemiah 8:10). Don’t be consumed by sorrow no matter the circumstance. Instead, just rejoice and continue to rejoice in the power of God. Be wise!
Prayer : Dear Lord, help me to rejoice always no matter what, amen!