Thursday, September 5, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : And when Pharaoh drew nigh, the children of Israel lifted up their eyes, and, behold, the Egyptians marched after them; and they were sore afraid: and the children of Israel cried out unto the LORD. Exodus 14:10
LISTEN : Danger comes with fear, but fear must not be allowed to ruin your life. Most times what people fear don’t come to pass. This is why fear is said to be “False Evidence Appearing Real (F. E. A. R.).” Don’t allow your life to be driven by fear, but by faith. Without faith, fear will be both the master and the doom of your life. Here are four reasons why you should not fear when enemies strike:
1. Enemies Can’t Determine Your End – what you think can affect your life. If you see your enemies as more powerful than you are, trust me, they will be. But if you see yourself as more powerful than your enemies because of the help of God in your life, surely, you will be. My dear, your enemies can’t determine your end. They may start a bad process in your life but they can’t conclude it (Isaiah 54:15).
2. You Can Overcome Your Enemies – the power to overcome your enemies reside with God. When the Israelites thought that Pharaoh was too powerful for them to overcome, they eventually overcame him because they believed that, it’s possible to overcome him. Until you overcome your enemies in your mind, you can’t overcome them in reality.
3. Fear Is Natural To Danger, But Victory Is Natural To Faith – it’s natural to be afraid when you’re faced with danger, but abnormal to continue to be afraid. If you live your life in fear, be sure you’re doomed. My dear, you should grow in faith. Let faith replace your fear. Whatever the reason for your fears, let faith in God replace it.
4. You Have God Almighty To Call To – to be victorious in life, go with God. When Pharaoh and his warriors followed after the Israelites to recapture them as slaves. Moses and the people cried to God, and God came down and destroyed the Egyptians. My dear, do you believe in God? Then, tell Him your fears, be strong and have faith in Him. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Don’t be afraid when enemies strike, instead, call upon God for help.
2. Learn to manage your emotions, and don’t be too afraid to fight for your freedom.
3. Keep moving forward, take your eyes off your obstacles and fix them on God.
4. When trouble comes, have faith in God and stop panicking.
Prayer : Almighty God, you are the most powerful. I put my trust in you. Therefore, let me not be ashamed, let not my enemies triumph over me, in Jesus name, amen.
Reflection : Danger comes with fear, but fear must not be allowed to ruin your life.
Quote : “Without faith, fear will be both the master and the doom of your life.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus’ name, I confess that God is my strength and fortress. Therefore, I will not be afraid of my enemies, amen.
Biblical Fact : Did you know Balaam was spoken to by a donkey? (Numbers 22:22-35).
Today In History : September 5,1666 The Fire of London is extinguished after two days.
Stunning Fact : Did you know Iceland consumes more Coca Cola than any other country?
A Word Of Blessing : It is well with you. May God protect you from evil and demonic manipulations. May He deliver you from your enemies and grant you victory today, in Jesus’ name, amen.
TOPIC : FIX YOUR EYES ON GOD
Thursday, September 5, 2019
Bible Verse : Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him. Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who makes wicked plots happen. Psalms 37:7
LISTEN: Beloved, fix your eyes on God. Are you tired of waiting for God’s intervention in your life? Don’t give up. Just have faith in Him and He will surprise you with His favour. He will grant you your heart desires. Those who wait for Him can’t be disappointed. God is merciful and kind to His people. No matter what happens, it shall be well with those who trust and wait for Him (Isaiah 3:10). My dear, don’t worry about the “prosperity” of the wicked, instead, strive to live in line with the will of God; certainly you will not regret it. Never be in a hurry for prosperity, instead, be diligent and trust the LORD. Always lean on God even when it seems nothing is working for you. People may give up on you or reject you, yet, don’t give up on God. Besides, don’t envy the wicked who “prospers” in what he does, for he will not stand when God visits. Wait for the blessings of the LORD, though it may delay, but it will come, and it will come with no sorrow. (Proverbs 10:22). My dear, fix your eyes on God. When your eyes are on God He will give you the desires of your heart. Be wise!
Prayer : Dear Lord, I thank you today for your words. Help me to fix my eyes on you always, in Jesus’ name, amen.