Sunday, September 22, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : Do not be anxious about anything. Instead, in every situation, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, tell your requests to God. And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
LISTEN : In this world of ours, peace is gradually becoming a scarce commodity. Horrible things happening on daily basis. Greed and selfishness occupying the center stage in the heart of people. As a result, peace is becoming increasingly difficult to find. However, here are what to do to enjoy peace of mind in the midst of troubles:
* Be Content With What You Have – you can’t worry about what you don’t have and expect to have peace of mind. If you’re not satisfied with what you have your heart can never find peace. Greed and self-centeredness produce restlessness. You can’t have peace with yourself if you’re greedy and selfish. Therefore, to experience peace of mind you should determine to be content with what you have.
* Take Your Burdens To God – when the thoughts of your problems occupy your mind, there will be no place for peace in your heart. My dear, you can’t be drown in the ocean of negative thoughts and expect to swim in the peace of God. When you’re faced with troubles, don’t be afraid. Do the little you can to help and leave what you can’t to God. By faith and prayer, place your problems in the hands of God (Philippians 4:6-7).
* Live In Peace With Others – a troublemaker should expect trouble in return. He who chooses to be a thorn in the flesh of others will have others pierced him like thorns. The truth is, there is no way you can have peace of mind if you enjoy enmity with others. Sometimes, thoughts of revenge, envy, jealousy, rivalry and the like wouldn’t allow you to rest. So, to find rest, you should embrace peace. My dear, your peace with others will affect your personal peace.
* Don’t Give Guilt A Chance In Your Heart – guilt produces restlessness and fear. You’ll lose confidence when you’re guilty of a crime or allegation. Confidence tends to collapse when our consciences trouble us over our misdeeds. In fact, one of the fastest ways to lose peace and sleep is to live with a guilty conscience. My dear, free yourself from guilt and your mind will have nothing to fear or worry about. Be wise!
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Have faith in God and carry your burdens to Him.
2. Do all you can to always stay free from guilty conscience
3. Work for peace always and don’t live like a troublemaker.
4. Stop being selfish and start being considerate of others.
Prayer : Blessed Father, you’re the God of peace. Help me to enjoy peace of mind as long as I live, in Jesus’ name, amen.
Reflection : If you’re not satisfied with what you have your heart can never find peace.
Quote : “Think God and have peace; for you can’t be drown in negative thoughts and expect to swim in peace of God.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus’ name, today I acknowledge what to do to enjoy peace of mind. Therefore, I will follow the will of God, amen.
Biblical Fact : Did you know the wages of sin is death? (Romans 6:23).
Today In History : September 22, 1980 The Iran-Iraq War begins as Iraq invades Iran; lasting until August 1988, it was the longest conventional war of the 20th century.
Stunning Fact : Did you know a duck can’t walk without bobbing its head?
A Word Of Blessing : It’s well with you. May God bless your heart with peace. Henceforth, receive peace of mind, in Jesus’ name, amen.
Sunday, September 22, 2019
TOPIC : ONLY JESUS CAN SATISFY THE NEEDS OF YOUR SOUL
Bible Verse : Labour not for the food which perishes, but for that food which endures unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him has God the Father sealed. John 6:27
LISTEN: Only Jesus Christ can truly satisfy the longing of your soul. In His teaching, Jesus Christ urged His audience to focus their attention more on eternity than the temporal world. The truth is, this world will pass away and everything in it. Only those who live for God will overcome and live forever (Mark 13:31; Matthew 24:13). My dear, everything here is temporary, only God can truly satisfy. He has ordained His Son Jesus Christ as the means to life and true satisfaction. So, don’t pursue temporal satisfaction at the expense of the eternal. No matter the pleasure in this world, it is fleeting. Real life is only in Christ Jesus. He is the bread of life, whose strength and efficacy leads to eternal life. Jesus said, “I am the bread of life. Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. This is the bread that has come down from heaven, so that a person may eat from it and not die.” (John 6:48- 50). Beloved, Jesus is the bread of life. He gave His own life for us, so that we by believing in Him could be saved. Henceforth, don’t reject Him, instead, accept Him and live. Remember, only Jesus Christ can truly satisfy the longing of your soul. Be wise!
Prayer : Blessed Father, I acknowledged that the world can’t truly satisfy the needs of my soul. Therefore, help me to rely on you always, amen.