Sunday, July 28, 2019
Author : Bishop Julius Okarike
Verse Of The Day : I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night comes, when no man can work. John 9:4
LISTEN : Is it possible to make a great and positive impact in life with a limited time? Don’t I need all the time in the world before I can make positive impact in someone else’s life? Of course not! Positive impact is not depended on how much time you have, but what you do with the time you have. It’s not about how long you have lived, but how well you live. It’s not about what time or period you lived, but how you stand out in that generation and time. You can impact positively on someone even with a little act of kindness. What is impact? It’s to have a strong effect on someone or something: a marked effect or influence. My dear, what you do to others to a greater extent is your influence on them. As a matter of fact, it’s difficult to influence anyone if you’ve not affected his or her life positively in one way or the other. However, you can make positive impact on someone else’s life –
* If You Are Determined To Make Impact – it takes determination and commitment to make positive impact. It’s not about how much you have, but about how committed you are to use what you have to change lives. If you’re determined to impact on people’s lives, every effort will count.
* If You Are Conscious Of Time – time waits for no one. Therefore, not to be conscious of time is to miss opportunities for positive impact. You can’t possibly do much if you don’t take time seriously. So, if you want to make positive impact in life, make the most of your time.
* If You Discover Your Purpose Of Existence – purpose defines life. Therefore, to make positive impact you must discover your purpose of existence. Everyone of us exist for the glory of God and the blessing of humanity. Being aware of this fact will keep your eyes focused on making positive impact as long as you live.
* If You Understand The Brevity Of Man – life is too short to wander around without vision and direction like a fool. Knowing not what to do makes people do nothing. But those who understand the brevity of life makes positive impact inevitable.
Having read today’s devotional, what is expected of you?
1. Determine to impacts on your generation and be relevant to God.
2. Be conscious of time and remember that, you don’t have all the time in the world.
3. Don’t rest until you’ve discovered, developed and begins to function with your gift.
4. Determine to make God proud, and He will show you His glory.
Prayer: Everlasting Father, you’re glorious. Help me to make impact in my generation, in Jesus ‘ name!
Reflection : When making impact becomes a desperate goal, the mind will not rest until impact is made.
Quote : “Positive impact is not depended on how much time you have, but what you do with the time you have. It’s not about how long you’ve lived, but how well you live.”
Faith Confession : In Jesus’ name, I confess that, God blesses and impacts people around the world. Therefore, I will impact my generation as long as I live, amen!
Biblical Fact : Did you know the common name given to the first four books of the New Testament is the ‘Gospels’?
Today In History : July 28, The Irish Republican Army (IRA) announces an end to its 30-year armed campaign in Northern Ireland.
Stunning Fact : Did you know the Hawaiian alphabet has 13 letters?
A Word Of Blessings : It’s well with you. May God equip you for exploit. May your life never be a waste but a testimony to the world, in Jesus’ name, amen!
TOPIC : DETERMINE TO LIVE BY FAITH
Sunday, July 28, 2019
Bible Verse : For we live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7
LISTEN: To connect to God, then, faith is the way. It’s the road we should travel to God through Christ. The righteous wins and lives by faith. Faith is our weapon against Satan and his fiery darts. When Satan comes, he comes to kill, steal and destroy. (John 10:10). His intention is to leave his victims miserable and heartbroken. But I have good news for you, no matter what you go through, it’s not yet over with you, God is still working for you behind the scenes ; and the raging battles of your life will soon be over as you call on God for intervention. (Psalms 18:3). My dear, you are not alone. God is with you. Be strong and learn to live by faith, not by sight. Faith is the way to victory. To live by faith is to anchor your hope in God. It’s to believe God for everything. Besides, it means to believe that whatever you’re going through will soon be over. Therefore, don’t be distracted by what you see now, instead, trust in the LORD and He will deliver you. Remember, faith connects you to God. Be wise!
prayer : Everlasting Father, I thank you for helping me build my faith. Help me to increase my love for you and to walk by faith as long as I live, amen!